1 large potato of your choice (Russett, sweet potato, yam, etc.), washed
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 15 oz can of black beans (or bean of your choice)
1 green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
½ cup water
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 ripe avocado, sliced
chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a fork, prick potato all over. Rub potato with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Once oven reaches temperature, place potato directly on the rack. Bake for 60-75 minutes until skin is crisp and potato can be easily squeezed.
3. While potato is baking, in a small sauce pan, warm olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute until translucent and soft, about 2 minutes. Add green pepper and jalapeno. Stir and cook for another minute.
4. Add tomato, beans water, chili powder, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn heat up to high, stirring frequently. Cook until water has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Plate baked potato. Cut open with a knife and lightly mash insides with a fork. Fill potato with bean mixture. Top with sliced avocado, cilantro and your favorite hot sauce.